Monty A. McIntyre, Esq.
ADR Services, Inc.
Mediator, Arbitrator & Referee
Relentless Optimist ® | Rapid, Reasonable Resolution™
Through preparation, patience, perception, persuasion, and persistence Monty A. McIntyre creatively helps people obtain rapid, reasonable resolution of their disputes. He relentlessly pursues closure.
Mr. McIntyre is a full-time mediator, arbitrator and referee who has conducted over 1,000 mediations and handles cases in the following areas:
Business: business, contracts, commercial, class actions (consumer legal remedy act and others), IP, partnership dissolution, and trade secrets.
Class Actions: consumer protection, and employment.
Construction: construction, and construction defects.
Elder Abuse: financial abuse, neglect.
Employment: discrimination, sexual harassment, and wage and hour.
Insurance: bad faith, coverage, D&O, disability, environmental, excess, health, indemnity, and life.
Medical Malpractice: physician, hospital, nursing.
Personal Injury/Tort: brain injury, personal injury, spinal cord injury, section 1983, product liability, and wrongful death.
Professional Liability: insurance agents/brokers, legal malpractice, and real estate agents/brokers.
Real Property: boundary disputes, CEQA, easements, escrow, homeowner association, land use, leases (commercial and residential), and real property sales.
Subject Matter Expertise
Mr. McIntyre has the unique experience of having handled significant numbers of both plaintiff and defense business, commercial, insurance bad faith, medical malpractice, personal injury and real property cases. He has extensive subject matter expertise in each of these areas. He has also handled employment cases and has subject matter expertise in this area as well. Mr. McIntyre also has extensive knowledge of economic damages issues.
37 years of extensive civil trial experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of business, construction, insurance bad faith, medical malpractice, personal injury, real property and wrongful death cases. He brings to the table extensive litigation expertise in civil procedure, evidence and trial practice. Mr. McIntyre has tried to conclusion more than 100 cases including numerous civil jury trials. His last three state court jury verdicts were unanimous 12-0 decisions in favor of his clients. Mr. McIntyre has recovered over $50 million in verdicts and settlements for plaintiff clients, and has obtained numerous defense verdicts or favorable settlements for defense clients. He was admitted into ABOTA in 1995, served as the President of the San Diego Chapter of ABOTA in 2014, and currently serves as a member of the National ABOTA Board. Mr. McIntyre also served as the President of the San Diego County Bar Association in 2002.
• 2001-2012: Shareholder, Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek
• 1990-2000: Partner, McIntyre & McIntyre and Thompson & McIntyre
• 1985-1990: Partner, Lowell Robbin Hamilton & McIntyre
• 1980-1984: McInnis, Fitzgerald, Rees, Sharkey & McIntyre and Sparber, Haas & Ferguson
• 2017: You're Fired! Resolving Workplace Disputes through Mediation and Other ADR Processes, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine SOL
• 2015: Mediating Complex Construction Disputes, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine SOL
• 2014: Advanced Mediation, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine SOL
• 2013: Mediating the Litigated Case, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine SOL
• 2000-Present: Annual mediation training
• 1993: Intensive Mediation training by the American Arbitration Association
• 1980: University of San Diego School of Law, JD
• 1977: University of California San Diego, BA – History Honors
Honors, Recognition & Service
2015 to Present: Member of the National Board of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
2014 President: San Diego Chapter of ABOTA
2002 President: San Diego County Bar Association
Recognized: The Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, Top Attorneys (San Diego Daily Transcript)
Master: Enright Inn of Court
Outstanding Trial Lawyer Awards: San Diego Trial Lawyers Association (now known as Consumer Attorneys of San Diego)
Past Member: Executive Council of the National Conference of Bar Presidents; ABA Standing Committee on Judicial Independence; ABA House of Delegates; Southern District Lawyer Representative; Boards of Directors of SDCBA, ABTL, CASD, USD Law Alumni Association and Barristers